Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shrimp and Spaghetti Aglio Olio (Garlic & Oil)

Back in Jakarta, one of my favorite restaurant called Pancious served a dish that I love so much. It was a spaghetti without any sauce, filled with meat and just packed with flavors. Since I moved to Sweden, I rarely eat out in a restaurant. It just cost insanely expensive here compared to Jakarta.

The thing is, I didn't know what kind of dish it was before so I can't look it up.. So I asked my sister and she said "Uh.. it's Spaghetti Aglio Olio.." ahaa... Now I know.. Btw, Spaghetti Aglio Olio means a spaghetti that cooked with garlic and oil. Let's go to google then.. After browsed around, I found this recipe. Too bad I forgot from which site I got it.

Ingredients:

  • 2 serving size of spaghetti. --> I never really measure how much
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • shrimps that already peeled and cleaned. The amount is pretty much up to you.
  • salt & pepper
  • 2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
  • oregano


Method:

  • Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
  • Heat butter and olive oil.
  • Saute garlic until browned, set the onions aside.
  • Using the garlic oil, cook the shrimps.
  • Put salt & pepper to taste.
  • After the shrimps change color, put the spaghetti, oregano and parmesan cheese in and mixed it all together.
  • Sprinkled some parmesan on top when it finished.


Result:



It's one of my favorite too now, because it's really easy to make. It might tasted a bit dry at first for anyone who used to have a lot of sauce in their spaghetti (bolognese & carbonara are the most common spaghetti sauces in Indonesia). But then you just got all the flavor there.

About the measurement of the ingredients, I usually just think about how much I want to eat and just modified the recipe following the amount of the main ingredients.. in this case are the spaghetti and the shrimps. For me even though the recipe said 3 tablespoons of olive oil, but if I think it's not enough then I just add it little by little until I think it's right. In the end for me it's all about personal taste..

No comments:

Post a Comment