Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fried Chicken in Sweet Butter Sauce (Ayam Goreng Mentega)

 Yeaaaay .. The first post ...

For dinner last night, I tried the recipe that my mom gave me. Actually at first I was thinking on making a chicken with sweet and sour sauce, but then I realized I forgot to buy the tapioca flour. At first I thought it's the same as cornstarch... turns out its not.. well my bad.. :P .. 


Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken fillet
  • 2 tablespoons of lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce 
  • 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
  • coarse black pepper powder 

Method:
  • Marinate chicken with lime juice and salt for 1 hour
  • Boil the chicken on a pan with not too much water until slightly soft, chill.
  • Fry until browned, set aside.
  • Heat 5 tablespoons butter, sauté garlic until golden & dry. Remove from the pan and set aside.
  • Enter the onions, stirring until wilted. Remove and drain.
  • With the remaining oil, put worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil.
  • Add chicken and fried onions.
  • Stir well, remove from the heat.
  • Pour into a serving dish, sprinkle the minced garlic.
  • It fits perfectly with rice. 
Result:


On the actual recipe, they say use a whole chicken that have been cut to small parts, but then I decided to use chicken fillet instead because it's easier to prepare since I'm super new in the kitchen. I just cut the fillet to medium size chunks and  marinated it briefly. After that I boiled chicken in the skillet until tender little bit when I pressed the chicken. After I think that the chicken was almost cooked, I lift it and then I cooked it again in the skillet until it begins to brown.

For a newbie like me, it actually needed too much steps to cook the chicken, but in the end it actually paid off. The chicken although it's been cooked 2 ways still soft and juicy. It got a little bit of sourness from the lime combine with the sweetness of the sauce. 

It have become me and my husband personal favorite dish now. It felt like I'm home every time I have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment