Friday, October 21, 2011

Chicken Mozzarella

Few weeks ago, I bought mozzarella cheese.. just because I can.. After a while it just sat there in the refrigerator being forgotten. Then Mr. B, my hubby told me to make something with it before it got expired. So yeah.. browsing around and I found a lot of dishes I can use with it. The problem is.. I got the fresh one (the ball shape), while they mostly asked for the shredded one.

After few website (which made me forgot which one to link it here), I found one recipe that look easy enough for me to follow. So here it is...

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup of milk. 
  • 3 pieces of chicken fillet that has been pound to ½ inch thick. 
  • 1 can of crushed tomatoes. 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil. 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley. 
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil.
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano. 
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
  •  black pepper. 
  • 200 g fresh mozzarella. 


Method: 

  • Dip the chicken fillets with milk, pick up and make sure the rest of the milk excess is gone.
  • Cover the chicken fillets with bread crumbs, then put it on a plate and make sure it doesn't go on top of each other. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • Heat up the oven in 190 C.
  • Cover the baking dish with vegetable oil.
  • Pour 1/3 of the crushed tomatoes to the baking dish. Spread it evenly and let it aside for a while.
  • Heat a pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
  • Fry the chicken fillets until browned. Attention: only turn the fillets 1 time.
  • After it finished, put the fillets on the baking dish and make sure they have enough space within each other.
  • Pour the remaining crushed tomatoes over the fillets.
  • Season it with parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. I did it over every fillets.
  • Cut the mozzarella into small pieces, then sprinkle it above the fillets.
  • Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken are cooked through and the mozzarella melts and start to browned and form small bubble.
  • When it's done. Remove from the oven and let the cheese rest for about 5 minutes before serving.


Results:



At first I'm not sure about the taste because it only got seasoned on the top part and right before it got baked. But surprisingly it came out really good. I love the basil with the chicken and the tomato sauce. I think the basil gave a power punch to it. The sauce it self still tasted fresh and light. Super yummy..

Difficulty level of the dish... I think it's still easy enough. It's quite a hand full that we must browned the fillets on the pan first then baked it but the rest was pretty much as it is.. Just sprinkled stuff then it's done.. So yeah.. no complaints here.. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment