Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Macaroni Schotel

Today's recipe is actually my first food ever I made on my own kitchen here in Sweden. I got this one from my mom. This dish is one of my favorite since I was little. I always think that my mom makes the best macaroni schotel.. ever... So yeah, even though it's been a while since I ever tasted it, I always remember the taste. When she told me through Skype, she didn't mention how much every ingredient should take. So I just searched around and just write down the one people mostly post.

So.. here are the ingredients..

  • 250 g Macaroni
  • ½ large onion, diced
  • 1 can of corned beef --> you can substitute it with chicken if you want to, just boiled the chicken then shred it to small pieces.
  • 400 ml of milk
  • 3 eggs
  • salt, pepper, and nutmeg powder
  • parmesan cheese to taste.


Method:

  • Heat up the oven on 225 C.
  • Boil the macaroni according to directions on the package.
  • Saute the onion in butter until slightly wilted, then put in the corned beef.
  • After both the onion and the corned beef mixed evenly, mixed in the macaroni.
  • Pour the milk in and mixed all evenly.
  • Seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. This is the last time you can season the dish, so make sure you got it right.
  • Remove from heat and stir until the smoke gone.
  • Scramble the eggs on a bowl, pour ½ of it to the macaroni+corned beef mixture.
  • Mixed everything then put in on a baking dish. First put half of the mixture, then put parmesan cheese until covering it all. Pour the rest of the mixture and cover it again with parmesan cheese.
  • The last step is to pour the rest of the egg evenly over the whole dish.
  • Put it in to the oven and bake until the top start to browned.
  • When finish, pull it out from the oven and let it rest until a bit cold (but still warm) before serving. 


Result:




Flavor wise I believed I was spot on.. it tasted like what my mom would've made. It just that I didn't manage to make it look like what it supposed to be on the upper part of the dish. I think that because I put cheddar cheese on it (which was not on the ingredients list). But yeah it still tasted good.. so I'm satisfied.. ^__^

3 comments:

  1. niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! gak tll susah ya?? *sotoy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. wew...will feature this...hayo dong gabung di GFC Cutecoconut sama networked blognya...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Candela... Ga kok ga susah.. tapi buth 1-2kali bikin sampe bener2 perfect.. ^__^ dicoba aja..

    @Shelomita... Iya, nanti daku gabung deh.. gimana ya caranya?

    ReplyDelete